Skysail is looking forward to welcoming you in 2021, Visit Cornwall has an on-going updated list of attractions that are open and will tell you how to book, mostly on-line and with timed entry. The information has been very limited so far.
We are giving you a welcome pack that contains all your consumables, this limits contact with the items in the house to just one person. This will be ready for you for your arrival. We also are supplying sanitizer alcohol gel at the entrance. We will monitor you via track and trace according to guidelines and our cleaners are giving us an enhance cleaning regime for Covid-19. We have a symptom checker at the house and guidelines to follow in case you are worried about any symptoms.
Mevagissey coped well prior to the lockdown and restaurants were offering meals and takeaways and some additional lovely fayre as the entrepreneurship of the shops ensured that you could buy local. Moores offer just about every type of fresh item from veg, cream, fruit, cakes, butter, meat and much more including many deli items. The Post office caters for all your general needs including magazines and newspapers, there is the bakery and the pasta shop to name but a few. All the shops are located right in the middle of Mevagissey. Lobbs farm shop, typical fresh produce but fantastic meat, is at the entrance to The Lost Gardens of Heligan and you can go there without visiting the gardens if you wish.
Week commencing 12th April:
- The Wheelhouse is open with outdoor seating all day with lunch and dinner menu.
- The Ship at Pentewan which has good food has ample outside seating.
- Polgooth Inn Well recommended lots outside seating open 7 days a week. (Polgooth Inn, Ricketts Lane, Polgooth, St Austell, Cornwall PL26 7DA 01726 74089
- The Shack at Pentewan – great for lunch snacks is open all open air seating.
- There is a facebook page called Mevagissey Area Food Food Outlets which allows food outlets to post updates which is quite useful.
Building work has resumed next door and they hope to complete by the end of July, however the house has no direct overlooking windows except for the dining room and so we hope you will not be disturbed.
I hope you are keeping well and safe and we are very much looking forward to seeing you.
Take a look at the harbour from the Mevagissey harbour webcam here