2 years ago
Comments Off on Cornish Honeymoon at Skysail
Skysail is the ultimate stay for your honeymoon, luxurious space for two! A treat to remember … forever.
If you are booking for your honeymoon or wedding please state. You will receive a complimentary Champagne Basket for your arrival with Champagne on ice and canapes. (Alternatively, you can receive it for another day).
4 years ago
Comments Off on Coastal Holiday Cottage
COASTAL HOLIDAY COTTAGE
Enjoy spectacular sea views at our beautiful coastal cottage. There’s nothing in the world like a holiday by the sea to chase the cobwebs away. Explore coastal paths and see rolling waves crash on a wild and windswept shore or relax and sun yourself on golden sands by warm blue waters, find a wealth of local beaches to enjoy. Every member of your family can relax and enjoy some much-needed time by the sea.
Skysail offers a coastal cottage in the one of the UK’s most desirable and stunning locations in Cornwall, in a fantastic seaside location, it is the best choice for your next holiday by the sea. So start planning your break and choose this wonderful holiday home. It has the best in appliances, comfort and most stunning sea views.
4 years ago
Comments Off on Yachts, fishing, leisure in Mevagissey Cornwall
Mevagissey is centred around the busy active fishing harbour which still operates commercially and has an inner and an outer deep water harbour that provides shelter for either leisure craft or yachts. Mevagissey is approximately six miles from the market town of St Austell, which has a wider range of retail amenities and facilities as well as good leisure facilities. Three popular golf courses are situated near to the town and a main railway link from Penzance to Paddington runs from St Austell. The Cathedral city of Truro is approximately 15 miles away.
Bustling restaurants, cafes & many shops line the harbour-side and the narrow streets of Mevagissey.
There are sailing clubs at Porthpean, Pentewan and Fowey – the latter being a particularly interesting and historic town with a deep and natural harbour suitable for larger sailing craft. Nearby Portmellon also has a small boatyard. Road link via the A30 is mainly dual carriageway to the junction with the M5 at Exeter.
Fishing Trips are available from the harbour side.
The Ferry from Mevagissey Harbour to Fowey runs daily see the timetable here
6 years ago
Comments Off on So Whats Included? Looking for something special?
Skysail quite rightly boasts the ultimate sea view in Mevagissey.
The Best, Modern/Contemporary Accommodation with outstanding sea views from all rooms
Skysail provides ideal Holiday Accommodation in Cornwall for up to 2 families.
Skysail was completed as an architect designed new build in June, 2014, designed to be able to be energy efficient for heating and hot water using Air Source Heat pumps. It offers the best in self-catering, private and comfortable accommodation with easy access to the village of Mevagissey (5 minutes on foot down either the coastal path or the road) and a 5 minute walk to Portmellon Beach. 10 minute drive to Gorran Haven or amazing 40 minute cliff walk taking in the dramatic coastline. 20 minutes from the Eden Project. 20 minutes to St Austell.
Facilities and Services Included
- Sleeps 8 (may be pre-configured as singles or as super-kingsize beds) (all with sea views).
- (4 double bedrooms – 2 x 14 sq meters & 2 x 16 sq meters )
- Towels & Beach towels provided
- 100 sq meters of indoor open plan living space on first floor
- Free wi-fi
- Unlimited Internet
- BT Infinity 2 (streamed videos, BT Sport etc superfast broadband)
- Egyptian Cotton Linen
- Log Burner – logs provided
- Gas BBQ
- Welcome & cream tea. We will be there to welcome you on your arrival and to show you around.
The House, Gardens and Garage
- 3 lovely patios (2 to front of house, private patio to rear)
- Stunning open plan modern living with unbelievable views
- Sun Loungers
- 2 Main Luxury bathrooms
- Additional upstairs cloakroom
- Utility Room (Washing drying, extra fridge, ice machine, ironing equipment etc.)
- Fully equipped Luxury Kitchen with breakfast bar, induction hob, 2 ovens, grills and microwave, dishwasher
- Large Rear and front garden
- Carport plus parking for 2 cars
- Bicycle Hire Available, Safe bicycle store at house
- Underfloor Heating
- Breathtaking views of Mevagissey village, the harbour and cliffs towards Fowey, immense sea views, views to chapel point and Portmellon
- The Garden Shed, Mevagissey (local fruit and veg, fresh meat) Asda, Tesco etc available at St Austell, Mevagissey General Store (Nica), Post Office, fruit and veg shop and Boots the chemist. Gift shops, restaurants and Cafes, Pasty, Ice Cream and Fish and Chip shops. There is also a fantastic farm shop at Heligan “Lobbs Farm Shop” with a wide range of fresh local produce and much more.
- Fresh fish store to the side of the harbour (local fish from the Mevagissey fishermen including lobster when available – sometimes to order)
- Restaurants – a full and comprehensive restaurant and pub restaurant list is kept up-to date at the house, includes a range for all tastes and budgets in Mevagissey including one with fabulous menus just 50 yards along the road (Bay View Hotel)
- Beaches nearby see Local Beach Guide info
Parents with small children should be aware of the marble floors and many stairs, balconies etc.
The house is accessed by steps at the front, the main living areas are also accessed by stairs, this house may not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues.
Skysail is is available all year round. Maximum 8 people. 10% payable at time of booking, credit card security is required for breakages/damage and balance of payment required 6 weeks prior to arrival. See our Bookings Page.
Booking can be over the phone or by the automated online booking system paypal or credit card. See our Bookings page.
Simply The Best
If you are looking for the best holiday accommation and stunning views of the South Cornish Coast we look forward to welcoming you and we will do everything to ensure your stay is perfect!
6 years ago
Comments Off on Mevagissey Sea View self-catering accommodation on the south cornwall coast …
Panoramic Sea Views Mevagissey Bay Cornwall
If you are looking for a special holiday house to stay in Cornwall, Skysail offers private lovely spacious new and open-plan accommodation with the most spectacular sea views. The house is about quality and comfort to ensure you enjoy and make the most of your vacation in Cornwall. If you are fussy about having a fabulous location and unspoiled seaview you wont be disappointed with this one. Soak up the sun an gaze out at the ocean.
views from Skysail